7 Lessons for Living from the Dying: How to Nurture What Really Matters
Aug 26, 2020
Suzanne B. O’Brien here,
The “Ask a Death Doula” Podcast is a show hosted by Hospice and Oncology nurse Suzanne B. O’Brien. Ask a Death Doula will chronicle the Death Doula movement. We will interview leaders in this progressive movement from around the world as well as patients, families, and Death Doulas.
Ask a Death Doula: Top Lessons Learned from Those at End of Life with Dr. Karen Wyatt
In this episode of “Ask a Death Doula,” I will be having a discussion with Dr Karen Wyatt on all the beautiful things we have learned working with those at the end of life. Their wisdom is priceless. We will also share the training we are hosting together: “How to be Resilient in Difficult Times” with Dr Karen Wyatt and Suzanne B. O’Brien RN. Dr. Karen Wyatt of End of Life University and Suzanne B. O’Brien RN founder of International Doulagivers Institute have joined together to offer their combined years of bedside experiences and wisdom working with those at the end of life in an empowering and progressive new webinar series! Top Lessons Learned from Those at The End of Life: How to be Resilient in Difficult Times will uncover the truth of what life’s journey is really all about and offer ways that we can access the deeper meaning through experiential exercises.
This episode of Ask a Death Doula features a conversation with Dr Karen Wyatt founder of End of Life University and Author of “7 Lessons for Living from the Dying: How to Nurture What Really Matters.”
Join us as we discuss the many lessons we have each learned from our work with patients at the end of life and how they have helped us grow spiritually. Both of us experienced a profound transformation in our lives because of the wisdom shared by our patients and now benefit from greater resilience that helps us navigate difficult times. As we all face unprecedented challenges due to the global pandemic and economic crisis, now is the right time for everyone to learn these lessons and find greater hope and joy in the small moments of life.
This episode includes:
- How Dr Wyatt and I became inspired to create a workshop together
- Why these lessons from the end of life are so important right now
- How we each feel that our painful life experiences have been the key to spiritual growth
- The recognition that we are all connected in consciousness
- Life has a greater meaning than we realize
- Why unconditional love is the only thing that really matters in life
- How forgiveness deepens our ability to love but is not commonly taught
- How our expanded consciousness can help us find our true purpose in life and live authentically
- How spiritual growth inspires us to be of service to others
Click here to listen to this episode:
All of us at Doulagivers hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
P.S. I have something exciting to share with you soon. Keep an eye out!
Follow us on…